Friday, March 19, 2010
What's all the fuss about Horace?
Yes, I have a giddy crush on Horace Slughorn, the portly, stylish, witty, brilliant, affable old potions master.
Of course, I see his flaws.
Horace favors some students over others. (But what teacher doesn’t prefer a Hermione over a Goyle? He’s just obvious about it.) He’s cautious – even cowardly. He’s self-serving. And he likes the nicer things in life.
But don’t forget his courage. Yes, courage.
Call him a collector if you will for mentoring Harry. But in doing so, he puts himself on Voldemort’s enemies list.
And at the Battle of Hogwarts, this cautious, self-serving old man faces off with Voldemort. And, true to his nature, he wears emerald pajamas while doing so.
For all that (and lots more), I’m sweet on the complicated old gent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

yes, lisa slughorn, i can clearly see why you are so enamored with this endearing gent. if i'm not mistaken, i believe emerald pajamas seem quite dashing and captivating as to winning ones heart....i do wish you and horace the best....
ReplyDeleteAnd it is for all those reasons and more that I willingly share your attentions with Horace. I just wish he'd stop leaving his potions to boil over on the stove.
ReplyDeleteLOL, well I must say I'm shocked at the revelation, hem hem :P
ReplyDelete